Nov 20, 2012

Heading out ...

Our first round of holiday travel kicks off tomorrow. Pardon me, but how is it already Thanksgiving? Wasn't it just July?

I should be packing, or doing a final load of laundry, or working down that pesky list of soon to be last-minute tasks. Post-it note reminders are littering our house and beginning to join the occasional herd of dust bunnies sojourning across our floors.

But there's a newly minted one year old, sound asleep on top of me, and I'm having trouble working up any bit of motivation to move. Because now she's one: mobile, chattering, wide-eyed and once around the sun. I'm soaking in these still, quiet moments, all too aware of the swiftness with which they pass.

To be a memory-keeper. I'm urging myself toward it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment